Bridge Design is one of the oldest topics of Civil Engineering. This course discusses bridge substructure systems, highlights the more technical aspects of bridge substructure design and rehabilitation. Focusing on components comprising and affecting bridge substructures, this course addresses the various types of each component and discusses specific selection or design criteria, with emphasis on both traditional and innovative practical solutions in professional applications. The main objective is to present practical and economical methods for evaluating, inspecting, strengthening and rehabilitating bridges.
Students will be introduced to various types of bridges and moving loads. Participants will design and fabricate their own bridge and test for the maximum load. The bridge model made by them can take up to 1000 times the self weight. You don’t believe that is possible? Participating in our workshops will make you believe that it is possible!
- To Realize Every Civil Engineer’s Dream of becoming a Bridge Designer
- Introduction to Bridge Design through interactive lecture sessions with good multimedia content
- Interactive practical session on CAD based Bridge Design, Fabrication and Testing.
- Exposure to current industry methods used in bridge design.
- The program is designed to take the participants through the technical concepts involved in Civil Engineering.
- Can use this experience to develop good B.Tech/M.Tech Project
- Bridge Design is one of the oldest & hottest topics of Civil Engineering.
- This workshop gives an unique opportunity to experience a hands-on feel of a Civil Engineering project.
- Participants will design and fabricate their own bridge and test for the maximum load.
- Design of bridge that can support the load up to 1000 times its own weight