Selenium is the most popular tool in automation testing, whereas Java is the most widely used programming language in today’s market. Both of these technologies work well together for automation testing. Through this blog, I will give you a complete insight into why is Java used in Selenium. To learn more about Selenium, join Selenium Training In Chennai at FITA Academy which offers the best certification training with placement support for your career enhancement.
Benefits of Using Selenium
- Testing can be run on any operating system, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Opera can be used to implement testing.
- It can be integrated with various tools, such as TestNG and JUnit, to manage test cases and generate reports.
- It can be easily integrated with Maven, Jenkins, and Docker to achieve Continuous Testing.
- The test cases are written in various programming languages, including Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, Perl, and.Net.
Why is Java used in Selenium?
- Java has existed for a long time, it has multiple frameworks, plugins, APIs, and libraries that support Java for test automation.
- Java is a very powerful language, and anyone with basic java skills can work on automation with Selenium.
- Java makes use of the JVM, which makes it platform-independent. Another benefit is that you can install it in any operating system with a JVM(Java Virtual Machine).
- Java IDEs provide a lot of feedback on errors you may encounter while coding.
Enroll in the Selenium Online Training, which will help you to understand more about Selenium with Java Concepts.
Benefits of using Selenium with Java
Some of the benefits are as follows,
Test management is critical to the testing lifecycle. One of the most important Selenium with Java advantages is that it allows developers and testers to make quick changes to the code. It helps to reduce duplication and other complications, thereby preserving code quality. With these benefits, Selenium becomes more operational than other automation testing tools.
Compatibility across multiple browsers
Selenium and Java communicate seamlessly with web applications and web elements. The Selenium script runs perfectly in Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and even Opera. A single script can work for all browsers. It is not necessary to rewrite it for each browser.
Multiple device testing
This is one of the benefits of Selenium with Java. It supports various devices and allows you to write test cases for devices such as Android phones, Blackberries, and even iPhones. It is extremely useful in addressing cross-device issues.
The core of Selenium is its ease of implementation. The provided interface is user-friendly, making it simple to create and run test scripts. The best feature is that you can monitor the tests while they are running. It enables the analysis and development of follow-up actions.
Now that you have understood Why is Java used in Selenium and its benefits. Join Selenium Training In Coimbatore to learn more about Selenium, which will help you to develop your career by providing certification training with real-time projects.
Read More: Selenium Interview Questions and Answers